Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Muffins that Taste Like Donuts

Cake donuts are some of my favorite treats and this recipe tastes very similar.  I found this yummy recipe on a blog somewhere.  I finally got around to mixing them up a week or so ago and the kids loved them--so did I.  We'll definitely be making these over and over!  Oh...I would be happy if I could have muffins for breakfast everyday!

Muffins:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Topping:
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 tsp. of cinnamon


Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.Combine oil, sugar, egg, and milk. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir til just combined.  Spray muffin tins or use cupcake liners and evenly distribute batter between 12 spots. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.  Remove muffins when done and shake from pan while still hot.  Dip muffins in butter, then in the cinnamon sugar.  Let cool a bit then eat and enjoy!

No comments: