Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Who would have known that I would be such a BBQ chicken lover?  But I am after trying this yummy chicken!  I love this easy and yummy recipe for BBQ chicken sandwiches.  I also LOVE that it makes a lot of chicken and I can have leftovers for lunch the following day and still have enough to freeze some for dinner another day.

5-6 lbs. of chicken
1 12 oz. bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (my husband likes more!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 large yellow onion, diced
2-3 tsp. oregano

Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Return chicken to sauce and cook for at least one hour before eating.  Serve on your favorite buns.  I like to make my own buns using this recipe!  YUM!

No comments: