Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fast and Easy Breadsticks

We love bread at my house. Which is why this recipe became an instant hit. These breadsticks take about 25 minutes total to make and can quickly be thrown together and eaten alongside just about any meal! The recipe is originally called Baking Powder Breadsticks- I found it on a blog, I just can't remember which one! And don't worry, the finished product does not taste like baking powder biscuits.

1/4 cup melted butter (I use Pam spray with butter instead)
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk

Mix together all the dry ingredients, then add milk. Knead then roll out into an 8x8 square. Cut into 1/2 inch strips and dip in butter. Place in an 8x8 pan and bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I sometimes like to sprinkle mine with Salad Supreme before baking!

No comments: