Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jam Filled Muffins

This is one of my all-time favorite recipes! Super easy and delicious too!

1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
jam of choice- I like apricot best

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease the the muffin tin (I love Pam with flour!) Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add oil, milk, and then the egg. Mix until moistened. The batter will be a little lumpy. Fill the bottom of each muffin tin with 1 or 2 tbsp. of batter. Place a tsp. or so of jam on top of the batter. It seems to work best if you can create a small crater for the jam to sit in. Then cover with remaining batter. You can top with streusel topping if you like- I always do! Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Struesel Topping
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2-3 tbsp. of butter or margarine
a dash of cinnamon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the exact same one as mom's??? Cause that's the one I tried... and I sucked. Ugh. I don't know what I did wrong. They ended up really dense... and.. I don't know.. they weren't good. lol. I shall try again.

Callie said...

Yep, it's the same as mom's, but try it again and don't over mix it! Love ya!