Monday, September 28, 2009

Pumpkin Dessert Squares

Fall is here and I have several recipes that I can't wait to make--including this one. My fabulous sister Emily got this one from Williams Sonoma where she works. They sell the pumpkin butter that you need for this recipe, though I've seen it elsewhere including the local kitchen specialty store. Just a warning: this pumpkin butter stuff is NOT cheap. Luckily Emily stocked up for me after Thanksgiving last year when it went on clearance in her store. So I have a few jars that I've been itching to use for a while now!

1 box yellow cake mix
1 jar Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter
3 eggs
I tbsp. Flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon

Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside.
Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
Mix 1 jar of Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter with 2 large eggs and 3 tbsp. of milk and pour over cake mixture in pan.
Mix to a crumble reserved cake mix and 1 tbsp. of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup soft butter and 1 tsp cinnamon- crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden.
Cool and serve! It tastes great with whipped cream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I think i'd love them more if I didn't work at the place that made them up... hm....