Monday, February 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my Mom's recipe and I've been making it for years. I love them right out of the oven, though they're pretty good once cooled off too- just as long as they aren't overdone, so don't forget to set the timer!

1/2 butter
1/2 cup shortening
12 tbsp. brown sugar
12 tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2/3 a bag of chocolate chips

Cream butter, shortening, and sugars together (I love my kitchenaid for this). Add vanilla and cream. Add eggs and cream. Add chocolate chips and mix well. Add flour, soda, and salt and mix thoroughly. Test dough for consistency- it needs to be just past the sticky gooey mess stage, but firm enough to form into soft balls. I use my cookie scooper to scoop out even sized cookie dough balls. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes at 365 degrees until slightly golden in color.

No comments: