Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Salsa Chicken Soup

Even my kids love this recipe. I got it from my sister-in-law Katie who is always making something yummy. I love that I can make this in under 45 minutes!

2 chicken breasts
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup onions
salt
1 can of diced tomatoes
14 oz chicken broth
14 oz beef broth
1 Tbsp. chili powder (I leave this out- I don't care for chili powder)
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can black beans drained
1 can corn drained
1/2- 1 cup salsa

Saute onions and garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients and cook until chicken is done (about 10 minutes). Take chicken out and cut it up. Return chicken to pot, add salsa. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese.

I usually just boil my chicken in a separate pot first, then add it to the soup once it's completely cooked and chopped up instead. Just my personal preference.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Is this the recipe I've been looking for? If so...it is dang yummy!